Picky Parent Guide: Choose Your Child’s School with Confidence (The Elementary Years, K-6)
By Bryan C. Hassel, Ph.D. & Emily Ayscue Hassel
The new era of parental choice in elementary education is here, and it is up to parents to become smart school shoppers for their children. Picky Parent Guide is the definitive action manual and reference guide that takes the stress out of these critical, yet confusing, decisions, and allows parents to obtain the best educational results for their children. Picky Parent Guide is the first book that combines:
- A thorough discussion of child and family needs as they relate to education,
- Research-based guidance on school quality fundamentals, regardless of school type,
- A complete tool kit that organizes the school choice process for parents.
This book is complete and leaves no stones unturned. Here is what you get inside Picky Parent Guide:
- Dozens of customized, practical ways to improve your child’s school performance,
- Complete step-by-step Confident Choice Tool Kit with over 20 tools to help you choose the right school, without wasting hundreds of hours and potentially thousands of dollars,
- Complete research-based introduction to the seven Great School Quality Factors that any parent can learn to recognize. Unbiased with respect to school type,
- Filled with surprising, often touching stories of school choice success,
- School types, teaching methods and educational lingo explained and demystified,
- Customized questions, targeting your needs, to ask when visiting schools,
- Stress-saving tips on getting in to your favorite schools,
- Plainspoken advice on how to interact with school staff to get what your child needs,
- Dozens of ways to get for your child what you can’t get at your current school,
- And much more!
Paperback: 464 pages
Publisher: Armchair Press (May 2004)
Are you a Peeky Parent?
FREE downloads of Picky Parent Guide chapters and tools are also available!