- This policy covers how PickyParent.com treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your previous use of PickyParent.com products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, like your name, address, e-mail address and phone number that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PickyParent.com does not own or control or to people that PickyParent.com does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect personal information when you register with PickyParent.com (for our E-Newsletter and certain other services), when you use PickyParent.com products or services, when you visit PickyParent.com web pages or the pages of certain PickyParent.com partners, and when you respond to surveys or other interactive elements of the website. PickyParent.com may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with PickyParent.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. When you register, you thereby establish a PickyParent.com “account.”
- PickyParent.com collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- PickyParent.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, PickyParent.com cookie information, and the page you request.
- PickyParent.com uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Stories you submit, information you share and feedback you give to PickyParent.com through the Website’s various forms and e-mail links may be used in future articles on Website or in newsletters or in books or in any other media of PickyParent.com’s choosing. In using your submitted content, PickyParent.com will not use your name for attribution without your prior consent. However, PickyParent.com may refer to the submittor by other features that would not identify a specific individual (example: Preschool Executive Director, Dallas, TX or Mother of 2 Boys, Eufaula, AL). We reserve the right to edit submissions,
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- PickyParent.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with PickyParent.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help PickyParent.com communicate with you about offers from PickyParent.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- PickyParent.com may display targeted advertisements based on location on the website. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria — interested in resources for gifted children, for example:
- PickyParent.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- PickyParent.com advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as retailers and travel service companies).
- PickyParent.com may set and access PickyParent.com cookies on your computer.
- PickyParent.com may let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to PickyParent.com’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your PickyParent.com account information at any time.
- You will always have the option of unsubscribing to any service or marketing program by following instructions contained in the messages you receive.
- If you are subscribed to our E-Newsletter or any other active service, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the PickyParent.com service, such as service announcements and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Click here to contact us to delete your PickyParent.com account. Some limited information may remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and trusted contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- PickyParent.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in your PickyParent.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our Website.
Questions and Comments
- If you have any further questions or comments, please click here to send us a message, or you can contact us at:
504 Dogwood Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Contact by email