“Picking a school for a child is the single most important decision a parent can make. Picky Parent Guide provides well-written, common-sense advice that will help parents make better, more informed decisions. Your child deserves to have you read this book.”
Foundation for Education Reform and Accountability,
Founder, Brighter Choice Charter School in Albany, New York
Here are ten good reasons
- Your child will spend 16,000+ hours in school during the K-12 years, more than any other waking activity during the school year.
- Finding a great school that fits can change your child’s life forever. The right school can make an extraordinary difference in your child’s school performance, life success, and joy — not to mention your whole family’s happiness. Parents who choose schools proactively are more satisfied with their children’s schools and more involved in their children’s educations. Their children perform better in school, too.
- Parents, you really are so smart. You know when your own child is not learning what he or she needs to learn and can learn. Whether the material is not challenging enough or teachers are not ensuring that your child locks onto learning by meeting individual children’s needs, your child deserves more, and you should expect more. Trust yourself and take action.
- Every parent can get smarter about what to seek in a school to ensure a terrific learning experience for each individual child. Picky Parent Guide uses the best research to walk you through a step-by step process for choosing and working with schools. Even top educators tell us they will use this book for their own children!
- What makes a school great academically might surprise you! Decades of unbiased, high-quality research show that students of all kinds learn dramatically more in some schools than in others. Children’s I.Q.s can go up — and down — significantly (20% or more) in grades K-12. Other core academic capabilities can nosedive, just bump along, or truly soar — depending on school quality. Every year counts! Every parent can learn how to take quick measure of a school using Picky Parent Guide‘s seven simple indicators of school quality.
- The mythical “average” child is, well, a myth! Every child, including yours, has a few particular needs that are most important for choosing a school. Picky Parent Guide shows you how to identify those needs, correctly match them to available schools, and help teachers ensure that your child’s learning needs are met.
- Parents, you have needs, too. From practical, logistical, and financial needs to fundamental values, some family needs are simply too important to ignore! Picky Parent Guide helps you match your needs to schools, quickly and confidently.
- You are not alone! Every year, 20 million children in the U.S. begin in a new school. Others consider switching schools but don’t when parents lack confidence about what to seek. If you are moving or your child is just entering school, you can up your odds of choosing the right school from the start. If you are considering a switch, now you can know when it’s worth the effort and what to do about school imperfections. Either way, you can choose a school and non-school activities quickly and confidently with Picky Parent Guide!
- Even if you don’t have a choice among schools, you can learn how to ensure that a school meets your child’s needs. Understanding your own child’s needs will set you up to be a well-respected, full-fledged partner with school leaders and teachers.
- Feel great! If you use Picky Parent Guide‘s easy-to-use Confident Choice Tools, you will know that your efforts are high-impact, that you are achieving all a parent can, and that your child will feel your love and concern. You will feel great about being picky when it counts!
Are you a Peeky Parent? Peek inside this book…
FREE downloads of Picky Parent Guide chapters and tools here!
Or purchase the full paperback edition at Amazon.com